the new physics album is REALLY good. all i’m saying, keep your ears perked come december 13 y’all…
this ep is really wonderful - was pleased to see these guys still making new music
heard on kexp the other day and now i just want to dance
- have been listening to the national way too much
- drinking only decaffeinated tea now. chamomile sux.
- got a new iphone, don’t want to figure out how to work it bcuz what is technology
- my heater is off but won’t stop emitting heat/overheats my tiny 300 sf apartment and is 2 feet from my head while i sleep ????
- have been obsessively checking craigslist pets & housing every day because i need friends/excitement/??
- overworked/overwhelmed but what else is new
- can someone bring me a puppy
HOW IS IT NOVEMBER HOW HOW
Traveling is strange. Refreshing, yes, and a good reminder that I need to step away and put things in perspective…often.
Yes, I got on a plane and flew to San Francisco for a week. But I don’t think “travel” has to be that literal…could taking a walk, reading for half an hour in the middle of the day, sitting by the canal and journaling, or even doodling in my notebook for 15 minutes be considered “travel”? I don’t see why not.
And as with most experiences that “put things in perspective,” there is plenty of unexpected thinking/feeling/emotional torment/etc that arises…one minute I think I know what I want, and the next I’m questioning everything.
So YAY…this is what I get to deal with as I am on the cusp of leaving for Seattle again in 8 hours. Will I make any decisions or resolve anything? Probably not. And in addition to work stress, this is the last thing I should have on my mind.
But who knows, maybe going back to Seattle will have a completely different effect on me…maybe I’ll change my mind, think of something else, or have more questions. That is what “putting things in perspective” tends to do, doesn’t it?
i have just been on the biggest missy elliott (circa 1997/1999) binge lately and i have absolutely no idea why